[Discuss-gnuradio] Digital communications between two USRP1

From: nadia yoza
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital communications between two USRP1
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:21:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I want to send and receive data between two different USRP1 (both directly connected) using the GMSK modulation at 30 MHz. I am using the GMSK mode implemented in GNU Radio. For transmission, I am using the LFTX daughterboard and for reception, the BasicRX.
As a result, when I transmit at low frequencies(e.g. 10 MHz), all the data is always correctly received. However, when I use 30 MHz, the PC can receive the data correctly most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't receive anything at all. I've also tried with other modulations (the types of PSK and QAM implemented in GNU Radio), different rates, different longitude of the cables, but the problem persists. When tested in a loop using the same USRP for transmission and reception, all the data was always correctly received.
Is there a way to do digital communications using the USRP1 at 30 MHz? If so, is there anything I should take into account?

Best regards,

Nadia