Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] regarding calculating the noise power

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] regarding calculating the noise power
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 16:15:55 -0400

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:44 PM, shantharam balasubramanian <address@hidden> wrote:
Also I have been working in a modified program of benchmark_rx for
this case. It would be more helpful if someone helps me to reduce it
or to measure it, so that I will be able to explain to the people who
will ask me about the spike.

Yes, you will see a DC offset in these receivers. You can think of removing it as subtracting off the time averaged value of the signal. I think a better solution, though, is the block gr_dc_blocker_{cc,ff} that I recently added to the project. It's a narrow notch filter at DC.

Tom