[Discuss-gnuradio] Capture and plot 802.11 frames

From: Stratos Keranidis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Capture and plot 802.11 frames
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 19:30:17 +0300

Hello,

I am a new user of the GNU platform.

I managed to install the paltform on my Ubuntu 10.4 PC
and I am currently trying to capture 802.11 frames that are transmitted in my
WLAN.

I am using these tools:
usrp_oscope.py -f 2.412G
uhd_fft.py -f 2.412G

All I can see is noise on this frequency, although I confirm that packets are transmitted between my PC and my router on this frequency.

Does my problem have to do something with the settings of these tools or do I miss something else.

Can you provide me with some tutorial link, where I can find more info on the basic usage of USRP?

Thank you in advance,
Stratos.