Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Capture and plot 802.11 frames

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Capture and plot 802.11 frames
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 12:33:49 -0400

On 05/10/2011 12:30 PM, Stratos Keranidis wrote:
Hello,

I am a new user of the GNU platform.

I managed to install the paltform on my Ubuntu 10.4 PC
and I am currently trying to capture 802.11 frames that are transmitted in my
WLAN.

I am using these tools:
usrp_oscope.py -f 2.412G
uhd_fft.py -f 2.412G

All I can see is noise on this frequency, although I confirm that packets are transmitted between my PC and my router on this frequency.

Does my problem have to do something with the settings of these tools or do I miss something else.

Can you provide me with some tutorial link, where I can find more info on the basic usage of USRP?

Thank you in advance,
Stratos.

You don't say what your hardware setup is. Do you have an antenna plugged in? Is it on the correct port? Have you tried setting
  the gain upwards in uhd_fft.py?

What version of Gnu Radio are you running?  What version of UHD?