[Discuss-gnuradio] Question about benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx

From: Muhammad Rosli
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:36:22 +1300

Hi,

Thanks for reading my mail. I would like to ask is there any additional setup or configuration required to execute benchmark_tx.py and benchmark_rx.py?

My problem is I tried to initiate simple communication between two USRP1 using benchmark_rx.py and benchmark_tx.py . I had browse through the mailing list looking on how to use the file appropriately. Running benchmark_tx.py also execute help which I follow closely but failed to receive any packets. If I tried to execute at transmitter:

benchmark_tx.py -f 400M -S 10

and at receiver

benchmark_rx.py -f 400M -S 10

I did not received packet status. I only received '0' in the terminal. Is it correspond to error?

I also read mailing list sent by other members but none mentioned about not able to execute benchmark_tx.py . If I missed any post, could anyone please provide me the link.

For additional information:
Gnuradio version used: v3.5.0rc0
USRP1 : revision 4
Ubuntu: 11.10
Daugtherboard: SBX

Please let me know if I had to provide any additional information.

--
Regards,
Muhammad b Rosli