Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CMake builds vs Autotools builds

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CMake builds vs Autotools builds
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 22:16:33 +0100

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:
>>     http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/commit/?id=56fcd5f9b22af33976f9413d3a9d0aec41a7b556
>>
>>     -josh
>>

>> Marcus, would you be up for trying that? The resulting la files do not
>> match what comes out of autotools. We don't know if they will work,
>> despite their differences, and it'd be good to know.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tom

> Yeah, I'll give it a try tommorow evening sometime.  Farking day job
> gets in the way of all the
>   fun stuff :-(

This was fixed a month ago. Just clean your install.

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/473

-josh

I believe the problem is that he NEEDS the .la files for the gr-fcd compilation. So either the gr-fcd would have to be worked on to link a different way, or we would have to provide the .la files (and make sure they are correct).

Actually, gr-fcd can link against .so but apparently the autotools prefer .la if they are present.
I had issue with the cmake generated .la file a month ago and Josh suggested to disable generation of .la files, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2011-10/msg00512.html

Alex