[Discuss-gnuradio] CW between bursts

From: Nowlan, Sean
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CW between bursts
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 04:26:01 +0000

I'm not sure whether this is a GNU radio or USRP issue, so I'm posting to both lists. I played around with GNU radio's stream tagging feature and managed to implement something that does timed bursts (partially by taking a lead from tag_source_demo.h, etc. in gr-uhd/examples).

I'm observing a continuous wave at the carrier frequency in between bursts, and also during start-up when the gr_uhd_usrp_sink object is instantiated before any samples get transmitted. The CW is about 30 to 40 dB down from my signal, but I'd like the radio to be silent in between bursts.

I've looked into changing the LO offset, but this just seems to move the CW to another part of the spectrum, but not knowing any better, this may be the expected behavior. Would UHD calibration or playing around with the DC offset help at all? I'm at the extent of my knowledge with this one.

Thanks,
Sean