Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD source (data keeps being sent)

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD source (data keeps being sent)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:54:50 -0500

I have two USRP1 (each connected to a laptop), separated 30cm apart. Each
have a single Antenna connected to  RFX2400 daughter card. I am running
Ubuntu LTS version. I downloaded GnuRadio+UHD from your (Marcus Leech)
script 2 months ago.
Below are the details of my GnuRadio version:
MAJOR_VERSION=3
API_COMPAT=4
MINOR_VERSION=2
MAINT_VERSION=git
Now I am not sure how to find the information of my UHD drivers. (I
installed using your script, with no other changes, so it will be exactly
the same, as in the script). I am sending some samples (all zeros or ones,
using a vector source) to a UHD sink. The data does get sent, and received
not once, but more than once, in the UHD source (connected to the other
laptop). And even after my code stops, and I try to capture data again,
using the UHD source, I get similar data, until after a 3-4 minutes later
(when its just noise again) or I have switched off the power supply of my
USRP1 that is a UHD sink.

My flow graph is pretty simple. UHD sink is in the tx.py file (
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33045005/tx.py tx.py ), and UHD source in the
rx.py ( http://old.nabble.com/file/p33045005/rx.py rx.py ) file. I am
attaching those. To make sure I get all the samples, I run the rx.py file
for many symbols (as compared to the number of symbols being sent).

Yes, right now, I am just using my vector sources and sinks for initial
testing to get an idea, I plan to shift to a file source.

UB

OK, so heres an idea. Rather than having people here debugging your code, why don't you try a very simple experiment.

On the TX side, construct a simple flow-graph that emits a single tone at your chosen frequency--you should be able to whip that
  up in GRC in about 30 seconds.

On the RX side, use uhd_fft.py to observe that tone.

Then, stop the TX side.  Do you still see the tone?

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator