Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error messages when running gr_filter_design for

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error messages when running gr_filter_design for gnuradio 4.7 on MacPorts
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 11:06:04 -0500

Hi Albert - On my end as the maintainer of the gnuradio* ports in MacPorts,
I'll add a runtime dependency on py*-pyqwt for gr-utils.  It'll be a little
tricky since I have to get the variants to match up (the variant for pyqwt and
which version of qwt is installed), but it can be done.

Tom - Do you know if the 2 gr-utils which depend on pyqwt (gr_filter_design and
gr_plot_qt) will work with qwt5 and qwt6?  RIght now they try to import PyQwt5,
but maybe the import test could be changed to try for PyQwt6 first then if that
fails PyQwt5?  I've set up the gnuradio* ports to not care which version of qwt
is installed (5 or 6; via depending on "path:lib/libqwt.dylib:qwt" which looks
for the library first and if that is not found then port reverts the dependency
to qwt which is version 5.1.2) -- so, requiring qwt version 5 in these scripts
seems to counter my settings.  Hence, my question. - MLD