[Discuss-gnuradio] Async Messages for Tx Timestamps

From: Jordan Otomo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Async Messages for Tx Timestamps
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 13:45:36 -0700

Hi,

I have a packet-based application where it would be useful to know exactly when
each packet has been successfully radiated by the USRP (N200).  It seems that
UHD and gr-uhd already provide similar functionality for receiving asynchronous
messages when a burst has been successfully transmitted (EVENT_CODE_BURST_ACK).
 However, in my application, I'm transmitting continuously and don't use
end_of_burst tags. Would it be possible for the USRP to post messages to the
event queue when it has transmitted a sample with a generic tag attached?  If
not, will I experience an interruption of my signal or any latency if I insert
end_of_burst tags into my continuous stream of samples?  Your advice is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!
Jordan