[Discuss-gnuradio] stream tag samples

From: Jenny Galasso
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] stream tag samples
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 12:05:45 -0700 (PDT)

Today at 1:02 PM
Hi,
I'm using stream tags to time tag my data. In particular, I'm reading in one-second files and tagging the first sample read in with the time. I'm concerned with how the tag will be handled during decimation, filtering etc. I have read the documentation and understand that the tag is reassigned based on the relative_rate. For this particular data set though, it is important that the tags stay with the specific samples to which they were assigned, even if some of the tags are lost during decimation, filtering, etc.
Is this even possible? Are there any recommendations or tricks to get it to behave this way?
Thanks!
Jenny