Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:49:04 +0100

On 03/11/2014 01:31 PM, Sumedha Goyal wrote:
> My top_block class represents the whole flowgraph. The class "test_demo"

No, it doesn't. It doesn't have any connect() calls or anything. This is
not a flow graph.

> is one of the blocks of this flowgraph for which its own work() function
> is defined.
> The "test_demo" checks for a "start sign"(given by the user) and
> participates in data transmission process and upon receiving an ACK for
> success should stop further transmission.
> At this point, the flowgraph should stop and start again with a new
> "start sign" for next iteration and so on. I am planning to plot the
> number of packets transmitted before receiving an ACK against this
> "start sign". Therefore, I need my flowgraph to execute several times.
> I hope this description explains my intention. I am not very familiar
> with scheduler. How can I use the scheduler to do this?

If you're using a flow graph, you use the scheduler automatically, you
don't need to set it up or anything.

Have a look at the file I recommended. If you feel you don't understand
something, first read the introductory documents on the wiki, as well as
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Simulations.

Good luck,
Martin