Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function

From: Activecat
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:57:32 +0800

Dear Sumedha Goyal,

> The "test_demo" checks for a "start sign"(given by the user) and
> participates in data transmission process and upon receiving an ACK for
> success should stop further transmission.

Q1: What do you mean by "participates in data transmission process"?
Does it just send out what it receives, or insert any new data?
Q2: For "upon receiving an ACK":-  from where the ACK will comes from,
from upstream, downstream, or somewhere else?

> At this point, the flowgraph should stop and start again with a new "start
> sign" for next iteration and so on. I am planning to plot the number of
> packets transmitted before receiving an ACK against this "start sign".

If I understand you requirement correctly, you need a block that
continuously getting input from somewhere.
This input contains "start sign" and later followed by "ACK".
Upon receiving "start sign", this block will pass through all it
receives to its output port.
Upon receiving "ACK", this block will stop the pass through (means no
output), until it receive another "start sign" again.
Meanwhile, you want the block to count the number of inputs between
the "start sign" and "ACK", and use this number to plot graph.

Is this what you want?  If yes then I am able to help you.
Let's clarify your requirements first.

Regards,
Activecat