Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Phase errors and expected behavior of in-flight s

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Phase errors and expected behavior of in-flight samples when a flowgraph is reconfigured
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:23:23 -0700

On Apr 21, 2014, at 0:53, Alexandru Csete <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Kevin Reid <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I've seen three different intermittent misbehaviors in my application which
>> can be described as parallel signal paths getting out of phase with each
>> other. (For example, one of them is one stereo audio output channel being
>> delayed from the other.)
>>
>> They all seem to occur when the flowgraph is reconfigured (lock, change
>> connections, unlock), even though the subgraph that contains the phase error
>> was not itself modified.
>
> On which operating system do you experience this? I have noticed such
> behavior  on OSX using the new audio-osx backend, but not using the portaudio
> backend or on linux.

My audio chain does not use a GR audio_sink of any description — it exits the
flowgraph through a single message_sink after vectorizing the channels.

The other two misbehaviors don't involve audio, or any sources or sinks.
Furthermore, they can both be described as a subgraph (in one case, a concrete
hier block) which has a single input and a single output, but two paths
_within_ that subgraph which split and rejoin, and those two paths become out
of sync with each other.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>