[Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #1

From: Alfredo Muniz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #1
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 14:07:01 -0700

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the delay in brining the update. There was a confusion with the hardware from TI and I was traveling the week GSoC started. Here are some brief points, for more detailed info please consult the wiki page: http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Keystone2

Logistical Updates:
- The hardware is expected to arrive later this week
- TI wants me to present results at a conference in the first week of August so earlier timeline than expected!

Progress Updates:
- Philip and I are exploring the use of get_user_pages to perform direct IO with co-processors without having to perform an extra copy to the kernel. Example on github
- Tom is helping me with gnuradio-runtime so that we can setup direct IO from gnuradio blocks to act directly on the gnuradio buffers.
- We decided to use the Fast Fourier Transform Co-processor (FFTC) as our test

That's about it for now. If you are interested please read through the wiki page and offer any questions/suggestions.

Thanks!