- When is the next coproc call???
- Mentor Philip is on vacation for a few weeks :(
- Bad news is that I've given up on the FFTC. The conflict of resources in the resource manager to get the queue manager subsystem running correctly between the ARM and DSP made my head spin too fast as I would need to dissect the dtb, make changes, test, repeat so many times.
- Good news is that I have successfully run the turbo decoder on the DSP through loading in a program from the ARM. I fed it some data and it returns the appropriate hard decisions for LTE at 93 Mbits/second with a very simple setup (non segmented so no parallelism). Yay! So we are going to decode LTE turbo codes now as it's the most painless thing to work with since it doesn't rely on the queue manager which is a pain to setup with arm+dsp. If anyone knows good resources to read about LTE turbo codes please let me know as I'm fairly new to it and could use some more theory than is provided in TI's TCP3d reference guide. Also there are 2 LTE carriers in the area that I can hopefully use for testing once I set things up. Need to update wiki.
- Time was not wasted however as I can use what I learned on the FFTC playing with the queue manager to send data between the arm and dsp in the shared memory space. Then need to write a program on the arm to get data from gnuradio running on the arm to the dsp.