Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about routing data

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about routing data
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 07:35:32 -0700

On Oct 4, 2015, at 6:02, Przemek Lewandowski <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thank you Kevin for reply.
>
> I have created small system with "multiply matrix" block. And it works good,
> BUT I dont how to change it during runtime :) there is input "set A" - but I
> dont know how to set it from gui ?? all i know is that input is async

Don't use the message port, just the regular GRC dataflow stuff. That is, you
enter for the matrix value a Python expression depending on the GUI block's
value, and GRC takes care of updating it when needed.

Here's a simple demo. The QT GUI Chooser block produces a numeric index, and we
specify a 1-by-n matrix which will have exactly one nonzero value at that index:

    [[chooser == i for i in xrange(3)]]

Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>