[Discuss-gnuradio] Speed Optimization and Application for ATSC Receivers

From: Joshua Lilly
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Speed Optimization and Application for ATSC Receivers
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 06:45:13 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,
My name is Josh and I am interested in getting involved in GNU radio. Specifically, I would like to work on the above project idea for google summer of code 2016 by implementing Viterbi and demux algorithms in volk and testing the speed improvements. I have experience with python, c/c++, boost, and profiling with valgrind. I currently have read the getting involved page, compiled the code, I am working my way through some of the tutorials, and I have read through the code in volk. Even if I don't get accepted to google summer of code, I would still like to get involved in fixing bugs, or something since this seems like a really awesome project. If it isn't too much to ask could someone point me to a nice beginner bug to fix in order to get my hands in the code?

Thank you,
Josh