[Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Re: Sigh - 16.04 build failure

From: Mike
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Re: Sigh - 16.04 build failure
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 22:28:22 +0100

Found it ! I discovered a duplicate set of headers in /usr/local/include and /usr/include, fixing this didn't fix the problem.

After several hours wondering what was wrong with the headers I found there were two versions of libcppunit. This must have been a leftover of the upgrade to 16.04 as it should surely have been deleted when replaced by the updated version.

The older libcppunit-1.12 in /usr/lib/ and the newer, libcppunit-1.13 was in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ - why in different directory I have no idea.

So the right headers were there but the wrong library was being selected which is why it failed to build.

I deleted the older version and build progressed.

So what else has the version upgrade left lurking?

Mike