Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CSI data in gr-ieee802-11

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CSI data in gr-ieee802-11
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:50:27 +0200

Hi,

On 10/20/2016 08:01 AM, ABDELWAHED wrote:
*Is there a way to log CSI values by adding a block within the .grc ? *

Not out of the box, you will have to modify the code to output the data somehow.

*(I updated the ls.cc code (attached) to log the "d_H" variable values
to console, is this right?)*

...for example like this.

*How to limit the receiver to get packets only from specific MAC address?*

Drop them in the decode MAC block, or use Wireshark to filter. (Of course you cannot filter based on the MAC address at the channel equalizer. If you want CSI from a certain MAC address only, you will have to annotate the CSI (-> stream tags) and print it once the frame was decoded and the MAC matched.)

*How do I know which value is coming from which antenna pair ?*

You can configure the antenna in the USRP source block.

*[CSI captures signal strength and phase information for OFDM
subcarriers and between each pair of transmit-receive antennas]*

Yes.

Best,
Bastian