Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNUradio not working with SDRplay in Windows10

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNUradio not working with SDRplay in Windows10
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 19:30:35 +0100

Hi Arie,

ah, ok, now that we know where you've got your windows installation from:

As far as I can read Geof's table, the gr-osmosdr component compiled into that package does *not* have SDRPlay support. One would need to re-build the library and link it against the SDRPlay API DLL to make it work.

So unless you want to take the big dive and compile that gr-osmosdr DLL yourself (which I must admit I'd assume pretty much only Geof could help you with, as I'm absolutely no expert on the build process behind these binaries, I'm afraid), this won't work.

As far as I understand (but I'm not a lawyer), the SDRPlay library is closed source and hence can't be linked to GPL code (like GNU Radio and gr-osmosdr) and then be distributed, so Geof's hands are tied here.

Best regards,
Marcus