[Discuss-gnuradio] GRC file sink data types

From: Matt Ames
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC file sink data types
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:21:29 +1100

Hi all,

I am currently using the File Sink in GNUradio Companion by connecting a UHD USRP source to a File sink.

By default, the UHD source block produces and output of "Complex Float 32". The File Sink has "Complex", "Float", "Int" available as input types.

If I set the output of the UHD source as Complex Int 16, then what should the corresponding input type be on the file sink? type "Complex" doesn't work, I assume it's because it's expecting FC32 by default, even though it's not explicitly stated. Type "Int" works and the flowgraph runs, I assume this is because it is just accepting the integer values as a raw stream and writing them to the file, while ignoring that each even and odd sample is actually an I/Q value.

What is the correct input type to use on the File Sink when using UHD output of Complex int16?

Cheers,
Matt