[Discuss-gnuradio] No module named _runtime_swig in version 3.7.11

From: Vladimir Komendantskiy
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module named _runtime_swig in version 3.7.11
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 16:58:35 +0100

Hi,

I tried the latest Debian testing package of gnuradio and compiled from git master (applying one version 3.7.12 patch to fix a compile-time error).

In both cases gnuradio-companion only displays the following error dialog:

======
Cannot import gnuradio.

Is the model path environment variable set correctly?
    All OS: PYTHONPATH

Is the library path environment variable set correctly?
    Linux: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    Windows: PATH
    MacOSX: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

(No module named _runtime_swig)
======

Is there a solution for that? I also tried setting the above mentioned paths according to the git README to no avail.

To be sure I tried on two different machines. One of those has a very recent installation of Debian and no custom environment, only the environment set by the distro.

--Vladimir