Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module named _runtime_swig in version 3.7.11

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module named _runtime_swig in version 3.7.11
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 16:02:30 -0700

On 04/04/2018 08:58 AM, Vladimir Komendantskiy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried the latest Debian testing package of gnuradio and compiled from
> git master (applying one version 3.7.12 patch to fix a compile-time error).
>
> In both cases gnuradio-companion only displays the following error dialog:

It's not clear what it is you're doing.

Bottom line, you can't have 2 installations of gnuradio on the same
machine - if that's what you're doing.

Stick to one machine with only 1 installation of gnuradio - ideally a
normal Debian install.

> ======
> Cannot import gnuradio.
>
> Is the model path environment variable set correctly?
>     All OS: PYTHONPATH
>
> Is the library path environment variable set correctly?
>     Linux: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>     Windows: PATH
>     MacOSX: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
>

> (No module named _runtime_swig)

Show us the answers to the above questions for PYTHONPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Most likely they're not set correctly.

And why can't you use the default version 3.7.10 for Debian Jessie?
Which version of Debian are you using?

-- Cinaed