How the 'excess bandwidth' in constellation modulator define bandwidth o

From: Md. Atiqur Rahman
Subject: How the 'excess bandwidth' in constellation modulator define bandwidth of the RF signal.
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 18:29:31 +0100

Hello Guys, I am working on a project, where I have to generate a baseband signal in order to create an RF signal.  I am using QPSK modulation and the excess bandwidth(roll-off factor) in the constellation modulator is responsible to determine the bandwidth.  In this particular case, the sample rate is 2Mhz and sps is set to 32, thus the symbol rate is 62.5 Khz. Then I try to find the bandwidth of the signal by using Bw=(1+alpha)*T = (1+0.7)*(62500 symbol rate)=106.25Khz.  As in QPSK 2bit inserted at once then, the data rate would be 106.25Khz /2 =53.125Khz am I right? if I am right then for the BPSK data rate would equal to bw as 1 bit per sec?
Is my calculation is right? Let say I am going to create the RF signal at 2Ghz, will the bandwidth will be the same?
Thank you so much in advance.

--
Sincerely,
Atiqur