Re: Compiling/installing GNURadio for the STM32MP157C-EV1 board (STM32MP

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Compiling/installing GNURadio for the STM32MP157C-EV1 board (STM32MP1 processor)
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 06:27:31 +0000

I have been using the PlutoSDR as a broadband "noise" generator for
radar measurements lately (pseudo-random phase modulation) and have
not been able to achieve more than 2.3 MS/s, after which I observe
discontinuous emission on the spectrum analyzer (either from laptop
or from a RPi4). So your 4.5 MS/s is already well above what I could achieve.

The example provided by Gwenhael Goavec at
https://github.com/oscimp/oscimpDigital/tree/master/doc/tutorials/plutosdr/2-PRN_on_PL
keeps the compatibility with GNU Radio when adding his custom processing
block as it splits the datastream at the output of the AD9834 IP to run the
PRN correlator for GPS acquisition on the PL of the Zynq. The original gr-iio
datastream remains available while a custom communication interface allows for
fetching the results of the correlation, after frequency transposition
to compensate for Doppler, with a given PRN (the PlutoSDR Zynq is not large
enough
to run all PRN correlators in parallel). Running a threshold detector on this
datastream and timestamping the event on a free running counter inside the
PlutoSDR
should not be too complex I believe. Synchronizing the multiple PlutoSDR is
another
issue though.

I was not aware that cosmic rays would create radiofrequency events. That is a
fascinating topic of investigation, especially if accessible to amateur
radioastronomers.

JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency/SENSeOR, 26 rue de l'Epitaphe,
25000 Besancon, France