Re: Import Block "bad import syntax"

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: Import Block "bad import syntax"
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 21:22:54 -0600

Hi Jim,

The tutorial you cited has been deprecated in GR 3.8. Also, it doesn't work as written! At this point we have chosen not to update or correct it. The recommended tutorial is https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/OutOfTreeModules

What version of GR do you have on your rPi, and how did you load it?

For the tutorial you referenced, your Import should be for testpy and not squareme. Also, for the Variable test_var, the value should be squareme(12) without the "testpy." in front of it.

73,
---
Barry Duggan KV4FV
https://github.com/duggabe