Re: Error "gr::vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmget (1): No space left on device"

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Error "gr::vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmget (1): No space left on device"
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 15:19:50 +0200

While this definitely reads like a BOFH excuse ("ran out of buffers to give"), it just means that for some reason, you can't allocate a shared buffer to build the ringbuffers needed by GNU Radio[1]

This is no surprise, really: Python has non-deterministic destruction, so your "del my_gr" doesn't instantly deconstruct the underlying object and thus doesn't free the buffers.

I sadly don't have an easy solution. Generally, while True: building a completely flowgraph and then deconstructing it to build it anew sounds a bit hacky (might still be the right thing to do!). What is it that you want to achieve?

Best regards,
Marcus

[1]https://www.gnuradio.org/blog/2017-01-05-buffers/