Re: Receive amplitude consistency

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: Receive amplitude consistency
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 11:22:06 -0400

On 04/21/2021 11:03 AM, Mike wrote:
Marcus,

Thank you for your response.

The variation is on the order of 20%, although it changes from run to run.

Power level from the generator is 10 mV through 40 dB of attenuation.

The B200 is set for maximum gain (minimum attenuation) and is using sc8
format with peak=0.1.

Thanks!
That's about 0.8dB variability. Which is a bit more than I would expect with the way analog RF hardware tends to have
  repeatability issues, particularly as you go up in frequency.

What happens if you use 16-bit samples? What happens if you lower the sig-gen output by a further 10dB?

The AD9361 chip goes through some calibration exercises (for gain and other things) every time it starts up, and with a strong (-30dBm at the input is somewhat strong) narrowband signal on the input, that calibration might get "confused".

I've copied the usrp-users mailing list, where this discussion is probably more appropriate.