Re: Teething problems with new GNU Radio 3.9 installation

From: Ryan Volz
Subject: Re: Teething problems with new GNU Radio 3.9 installation
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 11:32:20 -0400

Hi Brendan,

I can't comment on the particular errors you're seeing with GR 3.9, but I can
offer an alternative to building from source. I maintain a collection of
packages for conda-forge that use the conda package manager, including UHD and
GNU Radio. Because of the way conda works, these are installable on practically
any Linux base OS (or macOS, or Windows) and the installation is contained to a
single directory. So if you want to try it but it doesn't work out, you won't
be causing a new mess that you have to clean up.

Here are the links to an all-in-one installer:

https://github.com/ryanvolz/radioconda

and instructions for the à la carte approach:

https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/CondaInstall

Either way, you have the option of either:

GR 3.9.1 + UHD 4.0.0 (with Python bindings)

or

GR 3.8.3 + UHD 3.15 (with Python bindings)

I hope that's useful!

Cheers,
Ryan