Re: RE: root window

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: RE: root window
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:45:30 +0100

Hi Enrico,

sorry for the late answer...

> I want to create a kind of big shelf as that that is created by the
> openstep Fiend.app.
>
> I want to do this also because I need a place where to put a
Recycler; it
> can't take place on the GWorkspace Fiend because I think it must
be in a
> fixed position.
>
> Moreover the GWorkspace Fiend can have many levels, and this
complicates
> the thing...
>
> Neither the Window Maker Dock is a solution because, even if it
would be
> possible to put the recycler on it, I don't want Window Maker be
needed to
> run GWorkspace.

I agree - what about providing a full dock (replacement) in
GWorkspace.app? I really would like to have such a feature, since I
do not like having WM's dock running. IMHO this would allow far
better interaction between GNUstep apps and the workspace.

cheers, Phil

--
Philippe C.D. Robert | Senior Developer
http://www.groupville.com - GroupWare made easy!