Thred, Sockets, timers and runloop

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Thred, Sockets, timers and runloop
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:51:22 +0200 (CEST)

I work on a gsweb application which should handle and timers in a different
threads.

basically gsweb create a NSFileHandle like that
        [NSFileHandle fileHandleAsServerAtAddress:host
                            service:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"%d",port]
                            protocol:@"tcp"] retain];
and wait for NSFileHandleConnectionAcceptedNotification notification

in my application, I create a new thread ( [NSThread
detachNewThreadSelector:@selector(runTimerThread:)
            toTarget:self
            withObject:nil]) and add timers.

Now I want that this thread handle timers ticks and that the main thread still
responds to incoming connections.

I've tried many things these last days (and found strange problems) but none
worked.

Any idea about how to do this ?

Thank you.

Manuel