RE: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++

From: Bissell, Tim
Subject: RE: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:01:26 -0000

My list of favoured extensions would be:

*  class variable

*  sequences - e.g. [textField setBackgroundColor:NSLightGray;
setStringValue:@"foo"];
   is equivalent to: [textField setBackgroundColor:NSLightGray];
                     [textField setStringValue:@"foo"];
   With the current idiom being to make methods return void rather than
self, this
   construct would not penalise people who write lots of short zero or one
parameter
   methods, rather than a few massive, multiparameter methods.

*  try/catch/finally exception handling

*  Blocks!

regards,

Tim