OPENSTEP->GNUstep Porting Questions

From: Jay McCarthy
Subject: OPENSTEP->GNUstep Porting Questions
Date: 06 Dec 2001 21:37:23 -0500

I am porting some applications and frameworks and I have some questions
about OPENSTEP and GNUstep (more important, their differences) , which
if answered would help me port them.

1) In some ProjectBuilder makefiles the variable 'PSWFILES' is declared
and there are some '.psw' files in the directory. I could find no trace
of such files on The Internet, and the gnustep-make makefiles do not
mention such a variable. Is there an equivalance in GNUstep for these
files (or their functions) and if so what is it?

2) Some of these programs are trying to use the class NSDPSContext,
which is defined in the 'Display Postscript' section of the OPENSTEP
spec. In the gnustep-gui reference documentation it claims that this
class is defined in 'Gui/NSDPSContext.h'. There is no NSDPSContext.h in
System/Headers - anywhere (as far as I can find). Would this imply that
that class must be implemented still?
 I realize that in gnustep/dgs/dgs/DPS there is a DPSContext
(class|struct?), but I don't know if that is what I need (nor can I find
the proper header which defines it)

3) Is there a way to get the target architecture of a compile from with
that compile via macros? similiar to the __TARGET_ARCHITECTURE__ and/or
__ARCHITECTURE__ macros of NeXTstep/MacOS X/etc

4) Is there an equivalence in NeXTstep/etc makefiles to the
'aggregate.make' of GNUstep? I have no NeXTstep machine to look on, nor
do I find any documentation on how the makefiles worked in NeXTstep, nor
have I seen an reference to such a similiar project type in any source
that I have encountered.

These are my questions for now, but as I am not nearly finished with my
task more questions will probably prop up.

--
Jay McCarthy <jay@kenyamountain.com>
l3pr053y cr3vv