Re: beginner questions

From: Dirk Lattermann
Subject: Re: beginner questions
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 16:47:08 +0100

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 02:01:07PM +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> http://www.stepwise.com/Articles/Technical/2001-03-11.01.html
>
> If you have questions after reading that, please let me know.

Thanks, that clarifies much.  But when exactly is the default autorelease
pool cleared?  From my observations I deduct that it must be once in
every iteration of the main run loop (because an autoreleased object
became invalid when the next event was processed).  Is this right?

Another question: should an NSMenu work when the application is in
a modal run loop?  When I write an action that issues an alert panel
(NSRunAlertPanel), I can bring up several panels by selecting
several times the menu item that starts this action.  Must I
disable the menu item manually?

Sorry if these are too annoying beginner's questions!

Thanks,
Dirk Lattermann