Re: Release of gui libraries

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Release of gui libraries
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:56:59 +0000

> I hope to make a release of the GUI libraries within 3-4 days. If there
> are any serious bugs (i.e. ones that cause apps to crash), please let me

Has anybody else tried using GCC 3.0 to compile GNUstep or is this not
generally recommended ? I have just done an experiment, and code which
works when everything is compiled with 2.95 causes a core-dump in
the gmodel loading code under 3.0. The  gmodel file in question is
converted from as OS42 file, so it does produce the warning

"Error decoding gmodel - submenu not an NSMenu"

So I amnot entriely surpised it producesproblems, but I didnt expect it
tto core dump when the same GNUstepbaselibraries were cmpiled witha  different
compiler.  I dont know if this counts as a bug though as GCC 3.0 is
still experimental as I understand it.

-bat.