Re: Introduction, and Proposed GSFH.

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: Introduction, and Proposed GSFH.
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:49:23 +0000

Stefan Urbanek <stefanurbanek@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> * User/Developer files separation
>
> My suggetsion is to separate gnustep* packages into two: user and
> developer. User package will contain libraries, resources, tools and
> apps. Developer packages will contain header files and makefiles. Move
> Makefiles and Headers into System/Developer directory.

I see no reason why a framework should not contain headers. Today, the harddisk
are getting bigger and bigger and header files are not very big anyway.

What we need are binary distributions containing
* Frameworks (divided into base, AppKit, GSWeb, DB)
* User Apps
* Developer Tools

And this not only for some Linux versions but also for Solaris, *BSD and Win
and Apple. (The later two where possible)

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 Phone +49 33056 82834
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/  dave@turbocat.de