Re: RE: IWM design: OS X-esque resize corner?

From: Helmut Heller
Subject: Re: RE: IWM design: OS X-esque resize corner?
Date: 22 Jan 2003 10:02:03 GMT

In article <mailman.725.1043176797.21513.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org> "Mondragon,
Ian" <ian.mondragon@bankofamerica.com> writes:
> funny you should mention that - while i like the concept of OS X's resize
> corner, i don't like the fact that it's only the one corner...so if i
> implemented it in _both_ lower corners, this should give a reasonable
> workaround for those few-and-far-between apps that both (a) provide the
user
> with the ability to resize the window, and (b) hog one of the corners.
>
> ???
>
> - ian

Maybe I am missing the point, but isn't this the NeXT-ish solution:
on my NeXT all resizable windows have resize-corners on the lower left and
right corner.

In general I would prefer the pure NeXT-way, but one could enable
alternatives via a defaults-entry, but there should always be an easy way
(i.e., only ONE defaults switch) to go back to the original NeXT-way.

--
Servus, Helmut  (DH0MAD)  ______________NeXT-mail welcome_________________
FAX: +49-89-280-9460      "Knowledge must be gathered and cannot be given"