Re: State of Objective-C++?

From: Josh Rendlesham
Subject: Re: State of Objective-C++?
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:01:58 -0800

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:19:18 +0100, "Philip Mötteli"
<moetteli.bulk@bluewin.ch> said:
> Hi
>

> Does anybody know, what the state of Objective-C++ is on Linux? Will it
> come and if yes, what is the expected time frame?

I believe that the older versions (1.x) of David Stes' POC Objective-C
compiler/preprocessor (http://users.pandora.be/stes/compiler.html) were
able to handle some form of Objective-C++. I don't believe, however, that
the newer versions of POC allow for a mix of C++ and Objective-C code in
the same source file. Lately I've been looking for a copy of the source
to the earlier POC releases, but haven't been able to find anything
useful. Even then, POC might not be suitable for compiling Objective-C++
code using GNUstep or code otherwise requiring the use of the GCC
Objective-C compiler.

Josh Rendlesham
--
  Josh Rendlesham