Re: SOLVED: Problem w/GNUMail 1.1.0pre1 shows dates as "yesterday Re: SO

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: SOLVED: Problem w/GNUMail 1.1.0pre1 shows dates as "yesterday Re: SOLVED: Problem w/GNUMail 1.1.0pre1 shows dates as "yesterday
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:12:39 -0600

On 2003-04-28 11:18:07 -0500 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:

=?iso-8859-1?q?Ren=E9_Berber?= <rberber@legosoft.com.mx> wrote:
Bingo! That's it. Changing the language default to a list value did
correct the problem:

$ defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSLanguages "(English)"

How are users meant to
   - know this
   - set this?

It's a bug. It shouldn't be necessary to set the language to English.

It doesn't have to be english, the solution described says that it has to be a list, with the parenthesis, not just a value which is what I was using and it's what the build guide shows (I already alerted the author of the build guide about this).

Sorry if I was not clear in my message.

No, I meant it's a bug that you should have to set it at all in order to get the %r formatting to work. NSLanguages should default to English if nothing is set (It does in fact do this, but for some reason it still does not work, but I don't know why yet).