Re: problems building - faiiling due to autogsdoc

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: problems building - faiiling due to autogsdoc
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:24:51 -0600

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 02:02 PM, Pete French wrote:

Alternatively, add fprintf(stderr,...) statements to the code in
NSProcessInfo.m to show what values are getting passed in by the
operating system, and to work out which method of initialising the
arguments is being used.

As a quick shortcut could you explain how it is supposed to work ?
It looks to me like "main" should be redefined in a header file somewhere,
and the real main is in NSProcessInfo.m ?

On OS's where you can only get the environment from main, we redefine main to gnustep_base_user_main (in GSConfig.h, which should be included anytime you include a <Foundation/..> header). The real main then becomes the one that is in NSProcessInfo.m, which calls a routine to process the argv, etc variables (in _gnu_process_args) and then calls gnustep_base_user_main.

You should put some print statements in NSProcessInfo.m:_gnu_process_args

(if you can't gdb).