Re: problems building - faiiling due to autogsdoc

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: problems building - faiiling due to autogsdoc
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:22:04 -0700

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:02:04 +0100
Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> wrote:
> > Alternatively, add fprintf(stderr,...) statements to the code in
> > NSProcessInfo.m to show what values are getting passed in by the
> > operating system, and to work out which method of initialising the
> > arguments is being used.
> As a quick shortcut could you explain how it is supposed to work ?
> It looks to me like "main" should be redefined in a header file
> somewhere, and the real main is in NSProcessInfo.m ?

I don't know why Richard is using NSProcessInfo to get the arguments in
main() since he could easily use argc and argv...

However, I did have the same problems on FreeBSD.
I also tried configuring -base with --enable-pass-arguments (see
below) which resulted in basically every application to core dump
upon startup....

Try to configure -base with '--disable-procfs --disable-openssl'
That's how I got it to work on FreeBSD.

> and got MAIN IS NOT DEFINED so obviously thats not happening.On the
> other hand GS_PASS_ARGUMENTS is also not defined, so I am not quite
> sure how the arguments are supposed to be getting initialised - or is
> this, in fact, the source of the trouble ?

GS_PASS_ARGUMENTS is set by the configure script if you set
enable_pass_arguments to yes.

--
Chris