Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:59:52 -0700 (PDT)

> On 2003-06-19 13:43:12 +0000 Enrico Sersale <enrico@dtedu.net> wrote:
>
>>> The NeXT UI guidelines have this to say, among other things:
>>>
>>> "Menus provide users a point of entry for all the functionality of an
>>> application, its obscure and common features alike."
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>
>> Well, at this point, If all the people agree, I can remove them. Let
>> me know...

I disagree as well, for exactly the same reason. There's *absolutely* no
reason why, *if* the items that are available in a context-sensitive menu
are also available elsewhere that this code should be removed. I like
context-sensitive menus. I can work more quickly with them. I think we
need to learn how to find some middle ground, here, folks. And the obvious
middle ground is to set a policy that says "context sensitive menus are
allowed, but only when the items in them are accessable through the main
Application menu as well. If that is the case, then everybody should be
happy. A number of the people in here just like to disagree for the hell
of it, it seems.

Alex Perez