Re: RSS/RDF Aggregator

From: ibotty
Subject: Re: RSS/RDF Aggregator
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:16:03 +0200

> I'd vote for a release of it.  People can still use Workspace.app
> as-is if they want.  You wouldn't be taking away their freedom;
> rather, you would be increasing users' options, which is always a good
> thing.

vfs is no application it is only a mean to access files.
it is on the library level. so a just distribute it, people will use it is
not possible (without pain to install).

furthermore, only a file and imap implementation is a bit spare.
developer will not use it.

so (at least) one will have to actively develop this code. as this will not
be me, my code has not very much use for users.

i will put the code on http://ibotty.net/tech/gnustep/vfs.tar.bz2, when i
cleaned the code up and implemented a .gz filter.

~ibotty