Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 12, Issue 37

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 12, Issue 37
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:12:33 +0100

Calvin Mitchell wrote:
1) a WEB SITE DEVELOPMENT tool that rivals Dreamweaver
2) a music writing/editing/sequencing/notation suite
of apps that rivals Igor Engraver/Finale/SONAR
3) a ChessBase database-compatible app that will at
least import ChessBase files
4) a knock 'em dead WEB BROWSER (this should've been
done a LONG TIME AGO--how in the !@#$ is GNUstep going
to survive without a NATIVE WEB BROWSER????)
5) A FLASH/FLASH-compatible DEVELOPMENT
ENVIRONMENT!!!!!
6) an OFFICE PRODUCTIVITY SUITE that takes advantage
of Objective-C's AWESOME POWER!!!
7) A GAMING API to rival DIRECT-X

Hi Calvin,

as music writing shows up second in your "conquer the world" list you may be interested in http://www.musickit.org/.

> if we can come up with apps/libs in these seven areas,
> GNUstep will prosper long after the HURD has replaced
> the bloated Linux kernel.

Hopefully we get there before HURD takes over, which might still take a bit of time. GNUstep has been a slow project, but HURD is still unsurpassed.

Fred