Re: test driven development for GNUstep

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: test driven development for GNUstep
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:20:57 -0700

On Monday, February 9, 2004, at 06:17 PM, Alexander Malmberg wrote:

I think I prefer a standalone core/tests/. While the framework is nice
and small now, a "testing backend" and support for generating event
sequences and doing matching on the rendering output will take a fair
bit of code, and that wouldn't belong in -make. Also, I already have
testing code that's needed for both -base and -gui (NSCoding tests, some class cluster tests that have concrete implementations in both -base and
-gui), and that doesn't belong in -make, either.

Just a check - is it going to get s complicated that we will wish we had used a preexisting test framework? Or are the things we want to do unique enough that it's worth it?

Also, is it possible to separate the test framework from the tests so it can be used by other projects (gdl2, Gorm, etc)?