Re: System fonts

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: System fonts
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:23:21 -0400

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama <kazunobu.kuriyama@nifty.com>
To: Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@hotmail.com>
CC: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:06:12 +0900

 [snip]

I'd like you to try fontconfig. It at least works for Japanese. Since I
myself
don't know everything about fontconfig, I can't guarantee that it also
works for
you. Nonetheless, let me show you some hints for the usage.

[snip]

I just tried, and it work better for Terminal.app (glyph wide is correct).
But it still doesn't substitute font.
If I set NSFont as a Chinese font, GNUstep use it to display everything.
If I don't set NSFont, GNUstep will not display any Chinese glyph.
In other word, only one font is used to display everything.
Does font substitute work for you ?
By the way, I set "GSFontAntiAlias = YES" and "GSXEnableFontSet" is not set.
I guess back-xlib use fontconfig in this case (font cache is not created for GNUstep). Maybe we should write a document in the LanguageSetup.gsdoc about using back-xlib.

Yen-Ju

Get ready for school! Find articles, homework help and more in the Back to School Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04backtoschool.armx