Re: Funding GNUstep development

From: Tim Bissell
Subject: Re: Funding GNUstep development
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:23:55 +0000

On Nov 5, 2004, at 22:13, Stefanos Kiakas wrote:

Hello ,

One other thing you might want to look into. Talking
to IBM to release the Improv source code. Improv is
much better than Quantrix.

Does anybody know anyone who can make such a decision
at IBM/Lotus?

As far as I recall Improv was written in a mixture of Pascal and Objective-C, against a very early NS release; so its code will be in an even worse state than Quantrix. I've toyed with the idea of rewriting Quantrix, but three young kids get in the way all the time. At home I use Flexisheet (www.materialarts.de) for my simple budgeting needs; I've emailed the author about open-sourcing it, but have not had any response ...

stef