Re: Windowmaker problems

From: Dirk Olmes
Subject: Re: Windowmaker problems
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 03:50:20 +0100

On 2004-12-28 01:20:52 +0100 Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> wrote:

Anybody else got an odd problem with windowmaker whereby the
transparenbcy doesnt work properly ? I just unpgraded my xorg and
windowmaker setup, and now I get black backgrounds on things like
the clip, and the icons for xterm, where they should (preseumably)
be transparent showing grey though.

Trouble is I dont know *which* package is causing the problems as
I upgraded ecverything all at once. Anybody else seen this ?

This seems to be related to the tiff library. When I upgraded to 3.7.1 I saw
exactly the same thing as you. The strange thing is, though, that the same
icon, when displayed by windowmaker has the black background and when displayed
by GNUstep has plain transparency. Or am I just talking crazy here?

-dirk