Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:13:56 +0100

On Jan 25, 2005, at 16:32, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
You're forgetting that this is a volunteer project.  We can't force
developers to work on something they don't want to work on.

Every project has rules which need to be followed, even by volunteers. And in the past is was usual behaviour, if not unwritten law, not to break other people's stuff. Sure, modifications are allowed, but if you change something you need to take care it doesn't affect other parts _of the same project_. And cc1obj _is_ (still?) a part of GCC.

I think thats pretty much the usual way how all projects work. Its a matter of fairness with the other project members.

best regards,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/